Become a member of Orkney Archaeology Society!
Benefits of Membership
- If you become a member of the Society you will help to continue the excellent and vital archaeological work carried out in the islands.
- You will receive a twice yearly newsletter including articles about recent and upcoming archaeological projects and updates on the activities of the Society.
- If you are based in Orkney or are visiting and able to attend one of our talks you will qualify for the reduced entry charge (£2 for members, £3 for non-members).
- If you provide your email address we will send reminders about upcoming events and let you know about events organised by other local groups which may be of interest to you.
- On joining you will receive a membership pack containing the latest Society Newsletter, volunteering application forms and information on upcoming society events.
- As a member you have the right to vote at a society AGM or EGM for the election of society committee members and any Society constitution changes. You may also stand for election to the society management Committee.
- You can choose to add your name to one of the OAS volunteer registers (see the Volunteering page )
Life Membership £150
For individuals who do not want to worry about subscribing each year you can pay a single Life Membership subscription and never need to renew.
Family Membership £22
An annual subscription for family members living in one household giving a significant saving over each family member registering for an individual Ordinary membership.
An annual subscription for individuals.
An annual subscription at a reduced rate for individual senior citizens, unwaged individuals or full-time students.
Joint Concessionary £18
An annual membership for two Concessionary members living at the same address giving a significant saving over two individual Concessionary memberships.
Mailing Supplement £7.50
For members who reside outside the European Union we ask you to pay an additional amount to cover the increased mailing costs for the Newsletters and any other society correspondence. If paying through our online shop please add this item to your basket before checkout, or if using the downloadable membership form please tick the corresponding box and add the amount to your total payment.
How to Join
You can join us directly online using your credit card or paypal account with our online ordering service. You can also arrange to pay us by internet banking.
If you have a UK bank account and prefer to pay us by Cheque or by regular annual standing order you can join us by downlading, completing and returning the postal Membership Application Form
IF you are already a Member of the OAS and wish to renew you annual subscription please visit our Subscription Renewal page.
If you have any questions please use the Feedback form to contact us or write to us at Orkney Archaeology Society, PO Box 6213, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1YD.
Orkney Archaeology Society's membership records are treated confidentially and are not shared with, or passed to, any other organisations in any way. They are used purely for administrative purposes such as distribution of the free publications and subscription reminders.
However, from time to time we may want to contact members to notify them of events or items for sale for fund raising purposes. Under Data Protection regulations you may, if you so wish, let us know that you would prefer not to receive such information from us. You can do this at any time by contacting the Membership Secretary, Orkney Archaeology Society, PO Box 6213, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1YD.
If you have any concern at all about the way we respect your privacy, do please let us know by contacting the Membership Secretary, Orkney Archaeology Society, PO Box 6213, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1YD.